Friday, July 06, 2007

Ni Hao from China.

We arrived in Beijing at about 1:30 pm, China time on July 6th. I think that is 1:30 am EST. The flight was long and long. I had the middle of the middle and was pretty cramped most of the time. My Aunt did switch seats with me a couple of times. We ate, watched movies, tv, read, walked around.

The hotel is beautiful. It is the Capitol Hotel in Beijing. Our room is great, but the AC doesn't work very well.

It is hot and sticky, but great to be here.

Our dinner last night was wonderful. They just kept bringing us plates of food. Chicken, rice, potatoes, beef stir fry. I tried mostly everything. Some things were OK. Some i loved.

We were in bed very early, 8:30 pm i think. I don't even remember falling asleep.

Now, here we are at 7:00 am in the business center. I can't post pictures yet, but will keep trying.

We are visiting the Great Wall of China, and Summer Palace today. Should be some great sight seeing.

Less than 48 hours until I meet Katy.

Talk to you all soon.
--B

2 comments:

dreamer said...

yeah! you made it, so so happy to be able to follow you over there!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hon,
KEEP THE POSTS COMING.
I hope you can post some pics soon.
Colleen posted a bunch so maybe she can help you out.
I hope you are enjoying the Great Wall!!
Cori called today, she and Kaitlin will be here on August 8.
Tell Marianne that Sam is doing fine.
Have fun and I love you,
Dave